2019 Driver of the Year (D.O.T.Y.)
See the Previous Driver of the Year Results page for results from previous years.
For results see http://racing.natsoft.com.au/results
Eligible Serge De Luca Cup Drivers are highlighted with *. Only Nb cars, Pre ’65 are eligible for this award.
For 2019 full points will be allocated to the following SA Race Meetings
- E1 – State Rnd 1 Mallala 16th Feb
- E2 – Anzac Historics Mallala 27th 28th April
- E3 – State Rnd 2 The Bend 29th 30th June
- E4 – State Rnd 3 Mallala 3rd 4th August
- E5 – V8 Supercars Tailem Bend 23rd 25th August
- E6 – State Hillclimb Championship Collingrove October
- E7 – State Rnd 4 The Bend 14th 15th September
- E8 – State Rnd 5 Mallala 9th November
For 2019 60% of points will be allocated to the following Interstate National Race Meetings
- I1 – Phillip Island Historics March
- I2 – Bathurst Easter April
- I3 – Winton Historic May
- I4 – Baskerville Historics September
- I5 – Muscle Car Masters October
- I6 – Sandown Historics November
DOTY POINTS SYSTEM
Driver of the Year (DOTY) points are calculated according to the following criteria:
- Only South Australian cars and financial members will be included when the points for any event are calculated, however only financial members will be awarded points and therefore be eligible for the DOTY award.
- Drivers will be given to the 31st of March in a given year to become financial. Once financial, points earned in the beginning of the year will then be back-dated and included in the DOTY. Points will not be back dated if membership is paid after the 31st of March.
- The DOTY will be calculated using results from all nominated interstate and local events.
- Interstate races will be awarded 60% of local races, that is each race contested will score the competitor 60 points for finishing the race, no matter the position.
- Each Hill-climb event will score the same as a single race, 100 points
- 20% of points are awarded for a DNF.
- Assessment period to be within calendar year, Jan – Dec.
- For events where online results may not be available, an entry list with times/positions shall be submitted.
Points are awarded based on a two stage formula.
Initial points are awarded based on outright position.
|and so on||996|
The outright points are then multiplied by a percentage based on the the finishing position within the class.
The event points are divided by 10 and reported in the table above.
|No. of starters||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th||7th|
The above table if calculated by 101-((‘class position’*2)-‘total cars in class’)
The Serge De Luca Cup
The Serge De Luca Cup will be awarded to the Driver who has scored the greatest number of “Driver of the Year” DOTY points during the calendar year whilst driving an Nb car (pre 1965)