2013 Driver of the Year (D.O.T.Y.)
See the Previous Driver of the Year Results page for results from previous years.
Eligible Serge De Luca Cup Drivers are highlighted in yellow. Only Nb cars, Pre ’65 are eligible for this award.
E5 – S.A. State Motor Racing Champs Rd 4 17th Nov
E4 – S.A. State Motor Racing Champs Rd 3 19th August
E3 – S.A. State Motor Racing Champs Rd 2 3rd June
E2 – Mallala Historic 8th April
E1 – S.A. State Motor Racing Champs Rd 1 18th Feb
For results see http://racing.natsoft.com.au/results
un fi na nc ia l
|E1||S.A. State Motor Racing Champs Rnd 1|
|E3||S.A. State Motor Racing Champs Rnd 2|
|E4||S.A. State Motor Racing Champs Rnd 3|
|E5||S.A. State Motor Racing Champs Rnd 4|
Driver of the Year (DOTY) points are calculated according to the following
- Only South Australian cars and financial members will be included when the
points for any
event are calculated, however only financial members will be
awarded points and therefore be
eligible for the DOTY award.
- Drivers will be given to the 31st of March in a given year to become
Once financial, points earned in the beginning of the year will
then be back-dated and included.
in the DOTY.
- The DOTY will be calculated using each competitors 4 best events. If a competitor competes in all 5 events the lowest scoring event will not be counted.
- Points will not be back dated if membership is paid after the 31st of
- Assessment period to be within calendar year, Jan – Dec.
- Points are awarded for each circuit race contested in SA.
- Half points will be awarded for OUTRIGHT results in handicap races.
- For local meetings where result sheets may not be available, an entry list
marked and signed by those competitors shall be
Points are awarded based on a two stage formula.
Initial points are awarded based on outright position.
|and so on||996|
The outright points are then multiplied by a percentage based on the the finishing position within the class.
The event points are divided by 10 and reported in the table above.
|No. of starters||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th||7th|
The above table if calculated by 101-((‘class position’*2)-‘total cars in class’)
- 20% of maximum points are awarded for a DNF.
- 10% of max points are added for a class record.
The Serge De Luca Cup
- The Serge De Luca Cup will be awarded to the Driver who has scored the greatest number of “Driver of the Year”
DOTY points during the calendar year whilst driving an Nb car (pre 1965).