Driver of the Year Award 2003
See the Previous Driver of the Year Results page for results from previous years.
E13 – Mallala Masters,
E11 – Konica V8,
E9 – SCC Multiclub Rd 3,
E7 – SCC Multiclub Rd 2,
E5 & E6 – Winter Cup 1 & 2,
E4 – Australian Hillclimb Championship
E3 – Mallala Historic
E2 – SCC Multiclub Rd 1,
|E1||HRR / HTCASA Track day 19th Jan 2003|
|E2||Multi-Club Rnd 1 Mallala 1st Feb 2003|
|E3||MALLALA HISTORIC 18-20 April 2003|
|E4||AUSTRALIAN HILLCLIMB CHAMP 19-21 April|
|E5||WINTER CUP NO.1 25th May|
|E6||WINTER CUP NO.2 22nd June|
|E7||Multi-Club Rnd 2 Mallala 28th-29th June|
|E8||WINTER CUP NO.3 20th July|
|E9||Multi-Club Rnd 3 Mallala 26th-27th July|
|E10||Tailem Bend Quarter Mile Sprint 17th Aug|
|E11||Konica V8 Supercar Series 30th-31st Aug|
|E12||Trophy Day Hillclimb 7th Sept|
|E13||Mallala Masters 13th-14th Sept|
|E14||SA HILLCLIMB CHAMPIONSHIP 18th-19th Oct|
|E15||Multi-Club Rnd 4 Mallala 1st-2nd Nov|
Driver of the Year (DOTY) points are calculated according to the following
- Only South Australian cars and financial members will be included when thepoints for any
event are calculated, however only financial members will beawarded points and therefore be
eligible for the DOTY award.
- Drivers will be given to the 31st of March in a given year to becomefinancial.
Once financial points earned in the beginning of the year willthen be back-dated and included.
in the DOTY.
- Points will not be back dated if membership is paid after the 31st ofMarch.
- Assessment period to be within calendar year, Jan – Dec.
- Points are awarded for each circuit race contested and each completehillclimb meeting in SA.
- Half points are awarded for hillclimb results.
- SA State or National Events will be awarded FULL points
- Half points will be awarded for OUTRIGHT results in handicap races.
- For local meetings where result sheets may not be available, an entry listwith times/positions
marked and signed by those competitors shall besubmitted.
- It is the responsibility of all competitors to forward their timesheets tothe secretary for inclusion
in the points. See further details at thebottom of this page.
|No. of starters||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th|
- 3 points for competing in each scratch circuit race or hillclimb meeting
- 2 points for competing in each handicap circuit race in SA
- 3 points for attending an association track day
- 5 points each time a class record is obtained
MALLALA CLASS RECORDS
|Nb A1||Mike Erwin, Ford Mustang||11-9-99||1-20.24|
|Nb A2||Unknown, 3001 to 4500cc|
|Nb B||Paul Stubber (WA), EH Holden||13-9-98||1-24.04|
|Nb C||Unknown, 2001 to 2600cc|
|Nb D||Unknown, 1601 to 2000cc|
|Nb E||John Bryant, Lotus Cortina||15-4-01||1-23.72|
|Nb F||Jason Armstrong, Morris Cooper S||31-8-03||1-24.22|
|Nb G||Unknown, Up to 1000cc|
|Nc A||Robert Vanderkamp, Ford Falcon GT XY||20-4-03||1-19.52|
|Nc B||Drew Marget (Vic), TransAm Mustang||17-4-99||1-20.91|
|Nc C||Ian Jones (Vic), Torana||16-4-00||1-19.97|
|Nc D||William Colton (WA), Ford Cortina GT MkII||20-4-03||1-27.60|
|Nc E||Jaan Fox, Morris Cooper S||31-8-03||1-23.90|
|Nc F||Don Taylor, Morris Mini||07-9-02||1-28.76|