2016 Driver of the Year (D.O.T.Y.)
See the Previous Driver of the Year Results page for results from previous years.
Eligible Serge De Luca Cup Drivers are highlighted with *. Only Nb cars, Pre ’65 are eligible for this award.
E1 – THR Developments HTC Cup / Mallala All Historic 23-24th April
H1 – South Australian Hillclimb Championship September 16-18
E2 – Master of Mallala Rd4 12th Nov
For results see http://racing.natsoft.com.au/results
Driver of the Year (DOTY) points are calculated according to the following criteria:
- Only South Australian cars and financial members will be included when the points for any event are calculated, however only financial members will be awarded points and therefore be eligible for the DOTY award.
- Drivers will be given to the 31st of March in a given year to become financial. Once financial, points earned in the beginning of the year will then be back-dated and included in the DOTY.
- The DOTY will be calculated using results from all 3 events.
- Points will not be back dated if membership is paid after the 31st of March.
- Assessment period to be within calendar year, Jan – Dec.
- Points are awarded for each circuit race contested in SA.
- For local meetings where result sheets may not be available, an entry list with times/positions
marked and signed by those competitors shall be submitted.
Points are awarded based on a two stage formula.
Initial points are awarded based on outright position.
|and so on||996|
The outright points are then multiplied by a percentage based on the the finishing position within the class.
The event points are divided by 10 and reported in the table above.
|No. of starters||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th||7th|
The above table if calculated by 101-((‘class position’*2)-‘total cars in class’)
20% of maximum points are awarded for a DNF..
The Serge De Luca Cup
The Serge De Luca Cup will be awarded to the Driver who has scored the greatest number of “Driver of the Year” DOTY points during the calendar year whilst driving an Nb car (pre 1965)